In August of 2020 The Utah Cheese Awards℠ will hold it’s third cheese plate-oriented, specialty food competition; judging Utah-made cheese, charcuterie, bread, honey, sauces, fruit, chocolate and candy.
A panel of three or more judges will rate each entry on a scale of 1 to 10. The judge’s scores for the category will be averaged to determine a gold, silver, and bronze (1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place) for each category.
The highest score of all entries in both the cheese and rest of the plate divisions will be awarded a best of show designation. (Entries in categories with just one submission will be awarded a gold medal by default.) Winners will be notified by email. Awards will be presented and the results published by November 15, 2020
A. Swiss and Alpine
E. Hard Cheese – Other
F. Flavoring Adjuncts Interior (flavoring ingredients included in the paste)
G. FlavoringAdjuncts Exterior (cheese rubbed with non-dairy ingredients)
H. Curd (flavored and un-flavored)
J. Soft Cheese – Other
K. Sheep or Goat Milk
REST OF THE PLATE
M. Breadstuffs (Bread or Crackers)
N. Honey (or Honeycomb)
O. Sauces/Spreads – Sweet
P. Sauces/Spreads – Savory
Q. Fruit – Fresh or Dried
S. Chocolate (bean to bar chocolate)
T. Candy (made in Utah)
1) All entries must be made, grown, gathered or processed within the state of Utah.
2) Makers may submit as many products as they wish. A total of two entries total amongst any of the categories are free. Additional entries are $25. each.
3) Submit sealed, labeled packages with the product name and category letter.
Packages should total at minimum 8 oz. per entry except for:
• sauces (two sealed packages)
• bread (submit one loaf)
• chocolate (submit two bars) and
• Candy ( (submit 6 servings)) and
• fruits or nuts (submit 4 servings).
4) Include a check or money order for any fees due. Make checks payable to: Utah Cheese Awards.
5) Winners will be notified by e-mail, and the awards announced to the public prior to November 15, 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) All entries become the property of Utah Cheese Awards.
2) Utah Cheese Awards reserves the rights to re-assign categories.
3) Failure to supply entry fees as noted will result in disqualification.
4) Past entry fees due must be current or entry will be disqualified, and samples forfeited.
ENTRY DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 21 AT 6:00 PM
Forms and Instructions