In August of 2018, The Utah Cheese Awards℠ will hold it’s second cheese plate-oriented, specialty food competition; judging Utah-made cheese, charcuterie, bread, honey, sauces, fruit, and chocolate.
A panel of three or more judges will rate each entry on a scale of 1 to 10. The judge’s scores for the category will be averaged to determine a gold, silver, and bronze (1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place) for each category.
The highest score of all entries in both the cheese and rest of the plate divisions will be awarded a best of show designation. (Entries in categories with just one submission will be awarded a gold medal by default.) Winners will be notified by email. Awards will be presented and the results published by November 15, 2018
A. Swiss and Alpine
E. Hard Cheese – Other
F. Adjuncts Interior (non-dairy ingredients included in the paste)
G. Adjuncts Exterior (cheese rubbed with non-dairy ingredients)
H. Curd (flavored and un-flavored)
J. Soft Cheese – Other
K. Sheep or Goat Milk
L. Vegetarian Rennet
M. Large Scale (companies producing over 100,000 pounds a year)
N. Home/Amateur Cheesemakers
REST OF THE PLATE
P. Breadstuffs (Bread or Crackers)
Q. Honey (or Honeycomb)
R. Sauces/Spreads – Sweet
S. Sauces/Spreads – Savory
T. Dried Fruit
U. Fresh Fruit
W. Chocolate (bean to bar chocolate)
1) All entries must be made, grown, gathered or processed within the state of Utah.
2) Commercial makers may submit as many products as they wish. A total of three entries total amongst any of the categories are free. Additional entries are $25. each.
3) Submit sealed, labeled packages with the product name and category letter.
Packages should total at minimum 8 oz. per entry except for:
• bread (submit one loaf)
• chocolate (submit two bars) and
• fruits or nuts (submit 4 servings).
4) Include a check or money order for any fees due. Make checks payable to: Utah Cheese Awards.
5) Winners will be notified by e-mail, and the awards announced to the public prior to November 15, 2018.
6) Home Category. Amateur cheesemakers may submit one wheel of cheese to be judged for free, additional entries are $25.00. each.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) All entries become the property of Utah Cheese Awards.
2) Utah Cheese Awards reserves the rights to re-assign categories.
3) Failure to supply entry fees as noted will result in disqualification.
4) Past entry fees due must be current or entry will be disqualified, and samples forfeited.
Submission window begins August 17, 2018. In person deliveries accepted August 23
and 24, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. It is recommended that bread is delivered in person on August 24.
DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS AUGUST 24, 2108 AT 6:00 PM.
Ship entries, form(s) and any fees due by US mail, common carrier or courier to:
UTAH CHEESE AWARDS
1145 S 1300 E
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84105
Questions? Call Steve at (435) 213-5444 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2017-2018 Utah Cheese Awards