In August of 2023 The Utah Cheese Awards℠ will hold it’s seventh cheese plate-oriented, specialty food competition; judging cheese, charcuterie, bread, honey, sauces, fruit, chocolate/candy. This contest is open to producers in the states of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada.
• Check out our recognition program and support levels as you plan your 2023-24 marketing budget.
• Learn how to have your favorite qualifying food judged. Third party submission information here.
1. All entries must be made, grown, gathered or processed within the states of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada or Montana.
2. First two entries are $25. each and include one transferable ticket to yearly reception per entry. Additional entries are $35. each.
3. Submit sealed, labeled packages with the product name and category letter. Packages should total at minimum 8 oz. per entry
bread (submit one loaf)
chocolate (submit two bars)
dried fruit or candy (submit 4 servings).
4. Include a check or money order for fees due. Make checks payable to: Utah Cheese Awards.
5. Winner in categories with 4 or more entrants will be labeled Double Gold. Winner in categories with 1, 2 or 3 entries will labeled Gold.
6. Winners will be notified by e-mail, and the awards announced to the public prior to November 15, 2023.
7. Medals delivered at ceremony. Shipment of medals is an additional $15., but free for those with bronze level support (or greater.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All entries become the property of UtahCheeseAwards.
• Utah Cheese Awards reserves the right to re-assign categories.
• Failure to supply entry fees as noted will result in disqualification.
• Past entry fees due must be current or entry will be disqualified, and samples forfeited.
A ) Swiss and Alpine
B ) Cheddar no adjuncts except oil/fat/honey
C ) Blue
D ) Semi-hard no adjuncts
E ) Hard no adjuncts except oil/fat/honey
F ) Adjuncts — Interior Any style, non-dairy ingredients included in the paste
G ) Adjuncts — Exterior Any style, cheese rubbed with non-dairy ingredients
H ) Curd flavored and unflavored
I ) Mozzarella
J ) Soft Cheese
K ) Sheep or Goat Milk Cheese
L ) Feta
M ) Other
THE REST OF THE PLATE
N ) Charcuterie
O ) Breadstuffs bread or crackers
P ) Honey or honeycomb
Q ) Sauces/Spreads – Sweet
R ) Sauces/Spreads – Savory Sauces
S ) Sauces/Spreads – Hot
T ) Dried Fruit
U ) Nuts
V ) Candy including chocolate, assembled in region
Date of August shipping window, drop deadline and downloadable entry form will be posted by the end of May, 2023.